Finally, the first GAM3 Award winners by Polkastarter were successfully crowned, with multiplayer adventure Big Time winning the game of the year award.
Back in November, Polkastarter announced that it created a jury with many notable C-level executives (seen below), awarding the best GAM3s in the industry with prizes valued at over $1M thanks to contributions, services, and grants partners.
The Jury: Justin Kan, Founder of Fractal; Urvit Goel, Head of Global Games at Polygon Studios; Itai Elizur, Managing Partner at Market Across; Rachel Levin, Director of Venture & Strategy at ImmutableX and Matt Sorg, Head of Technology at Solana Foundation. The full list can be found here.
The Full List of Winners:
- Game of the Year: Big Time
- Most Anticipated Game: Shrapnel
- Best Graphics: Star Atlas
- Best Action Game: Superior
- Best Mobile Game: Thetan Arena
- Best Adventure Game: Big Time
- Best Casual Game: Blankos Block Party
- Best RPG: Illuvium
- Best Shooter Game: MetalCore
- Best Strategy Game: Gods Unchained
- Best Card Game: Gods Unchained
- Best Multiplayer Game: EV.io
- Best Esports Game: EV.io
- Best Content Creator: Brycent
- People’s Choice Award: League of Kingdoms
- Games’ Choice Award: The Harvest
Thetan Arena, Blankos, Gods Unchained (which earned two awards), Superior (which recently joined Steam without P2E features), and EV.io are a few of the crowned games that the community supported to the fullest with its Social Media posts. Community voting played a massive role in deciding the final decisions.
In addition to the awards, hugely anticipated Web3 games were announced and introduced to the jury and community. Blocklords, Mythic Protocol, Cards of Ethernity, Mummy.io, and Elarium, were the ones.