Fort Stewart’s GTA 6 Reenlistment Pitch Has Already Landed 20 Signatures

fort stewarts gta 6 reenlistment pitch has already landed 20 signatures Sign back on, get four days off when Grand Theft Auto 6 drops. That's the offer — and at least 20 soldiers have said yes.

Sign back on, get four days off when Grand Theft Auto 6 drops. That’s the offer — and at least 20 soldiers have said yes.

It originated at Fort Stewart in Georgia, where the 9th Brigade Engineering Battalion of the 3rd Infantry Division began offering launch-week leave to troops willing to extend their service. Earlier this week, a flyer spelling out the arrangement — bearing the signature of commanding officer Lt. Col. Ryan D. Hodgson — circulated online. CBS News reports that 20 soldiers have reenlisted since the incentive went out.

The Army is now competing with Rockstar for your attention

“The idea was to have a unique incentives program that connects to what soldiers are interested in,” 3rd Infantry Division Lt. Col. Angel Tomko said in a statement. “The command team, in conjunction with the career counselor, wanted to get soldiers excited to reenlist.”

Read another way: someone up the chain clocked exactly how the barracks intends to spend its November regardless.

Roughly 130 soldiers qualify, and the ask isn’t trivial — reenlistment runs a minimum of two years and can extend to six. The payoff is four days off for the new Grand Theft Auto. Soldiers have until November 14, 2026 to take the deal, a date that sits just before the game’s November 19 release.

Meanwhile, the leaks won’t stop

As Fort Stewart works through the arithmetic, thousands of people online are preoccupied with something else. On August 18, what looked like early footage began circulating. The trickle was modest at first. Subsequent drops have apparently exposed progressively more of the game.

Take-Two is working to identify the source.

Rockstar’s real reveal is next week

The leaks haven’t changed Rockstar’s schedule. Its first-look Netflix reveal is still set for next Thursday, August 27, and Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick has hinted the showcase will amount to more than a simple sneak peek.

Rumors aside, GTA 6 remains still on track for its November release date.

Out in Georgia, 20 people have already cleared their calendars for that week.