Atari has been facilitating game builders since 1972, and now they are re-creating an all-new experience in The Sandbox.
Now, you can get creative as Game builders will be able to use two of Atari’s IPs and use them in The Sandbox to make their custom experience.
Atari will let you use their IPs solely for the promotion of Atari Game Jam in The Sandbox Metaverse. The good news is that the assets you’ve created using those IPs will remain in your account even after the game jam is over.
You can use two of the 15 listed IPs to recreate:
- MINER 2049er
- ALIEN BRIGADE
- CRYSTAL CASTLES
- MISSILE COMMAND
- FOOD FIGHT
- BLACK WIDOW
- HUMAN CANNONBALL
- YARS’ REVENGE
Not just creation, The Sandbox has a surprise for you!
Those who take part in the program and secure the top spots will win $SAND prizes. 30,000 $SAND will be split among the winners.
- 1st Place – The top spot will win 12,000 SAND and the “50 Years of Atari” NFT.
- 2nd Place – 7,000 SAND
- 3rd Place – 4,000 SAND
- 4 – 10th Place – 1,000 SAND Each
The Game Jam begins today (September 19). You can submit your entries on October 16th at the latest. The voting to choose the winners will take place from October 17th to November 6th. The results will finally be declared on November 12th.
Guidelines You Need To Follow:
- Make sure you use the Game Maker software to design the entry
- Your entry may contain items you independently generated
- Make sure your entry is playable
- Make sure your entry is unique (is not a copy of any existing experience)
- Do not spam the gallery; only create unique and quality experiences
Make Your Entry Valid By Following These Steps Correctly
- Make sure your game length is at least 5 minutes
- At least 25 assets should be used
- Follow the theme/storyline
- Make sure you start building the experience after the start date
- The Sandbox staff will be responsible for handling the entries – they have the right to remove any of the entries.
You can Use This Link to submit your game entry.