What’s up, eGamers, it’s time for the weekly Blockchain Gaming Digest. Every week, we share some of the most important NFT gaming news and other interesting facts.
This week in recap:
- Multiple companies and startups raised millions of dollars from recognized investors to upgrade and continue the development of their projects.
- Starbucks to take a big entrance to the world of NFTs before 2023, stating that they are confident that they will succeed in this industry because of their vast and acknowledged brand name.
- Ronaldinho is now a licensed football player in the MetaSoccer Metaverse, as earlier in the week, he was signed as an official NFT.
- Sega’s “Super Game” may include NFTs. This “Super Game” initiative was revealed by Sega last year but not much was revealed about the titles.
Let’s start with the most popular games this week based on on-chain data. (7 Days)
- 👑Thetan Arena: Over 21 million players. (Self-reported)
- 👑Axie Infinity: Over 1,6 million players. (Self-reported)
- 👑Splinterlands: 505k players. -2.50%
- 👑Alien Worlds: 498k players. +40.45%
- 👑MOBOX NFT Farmer: 170k -8.26%
- 👑Farmers Worlds: 145k players. +15.66%
- 👑Upland: 142k players. -6.49%
- 👑Pegaxy: 109k players. +5.38%
- 👑Sunflower Land: 84k players. +100.00%
Sega’s “Super Game” May Include NFTs
Sega, a Japanese multinational video game company, has opened up about their new “Super Game” projects in which they plan to encapsulate more than one game.
Splinterlands To Decentralize Validator Nodes With New License Offering
Splinterlands, one of the most popular play-to-earn (P2E) games, has announced that it will be switching over to decentralized Splintershards (SPS) validator nodes.
Ronaldinho Becomes an Official NFT in MetaSoccer Game
MetaSoccer has signed a contract with Star Soccer player Ronaldinho to be featured on their P2E soccer game as an NFT player.
Genies Raises Over $150M on a 1 $Billion Valuation
Genies, a metaverse customizable avatar maker, has raised $150M funding at a $1B valuation.
Starbucks To Take Entrance Into The World Of NFTs & Web3
Recently, the coffee house Starbucks has shown its interest in joining the NFTs business and the metaverse.
More News This Week:
- Cere Announces Gasless Integrations with Biconomy For Faster and Cheaper NFTs.
- Social Features Coming to My Forge Dashboard.
- FIFA Competitor? Goals Raised $15M to Develop a Football Game.
- Elysium Blockchain Nodes Overview.
- Blast Royale Raises $5M In Seed Round Backed by Animoca Brands & Mechanism Capital.
- Life Beyond Game Company Darewise Entertainment Acquired by Animoca Brands.
- Swoops, Gary V – Backed NFT Basketball Game, Raises $3.5M.
- PlayZap Integrates Enjin’s Efinity.
- Project: Pigeon Integrates Chainlink VRF to Help Power Secure and Reliable NFT Minting.
- Thetan Arena Rise of Helios Tournament.