- Atari partners with Enjin to bring its IP and Licenses to Multiverse blockchain games.
- The first integration will come for the updated version of the Kick Off!™ series in 2021.
- Players can purchase Atari-themed NFTs to customize their avatars in mid-December 2020.
In December, Enjin brought Skymarch Entertainment on board with three quality games. Now it’s time to further expand the Enjin Multiverse ecosystem with Atari and eBallR Games, an established studio led by Mark Greenshields along with a team of veteran developers.
eBallR Games will launch an updated version of the Kick Off! series football game named ‘Kick Off Evolution’ in Q2 2021. The company also plans to develop a series of sports games that will support Enjins Multiverse with interoperable digital goods (NFTs).
Atari and Blockchain Gaming.
Atari is an iconic brand in the gaming industry with dozens of popular titles and consoles. The company has made a lot of headlines this year with its gaming/gambling Atari Token ecosystem, as well as the partnership with The Sandbox, Ultra, Arkane Network, and now Enjin.
Atari recently launched the “Atari VCS” console, a system that supports blockchain games with Animoca Brands to have the global development and distribution rights along with ULTRA integration.
Enjin Efinity Sidechain is close.
Efinity is an Ethereum sidechain and not a blockchain. The fact that it operates on Ethereum provides a security and confidence level. It’s proven as the most popular, secured, and stable protocol to build on top. In plain English, Enjin has to worry only about Efinity and not about the blockchain itself.
Efinity is a long-awaited platform that will skyrocket the gaming experience of Multiverse games and allow cheap transactions between players.
The main goals of Efinity are:
- Transactions and trades of ERC-20 and ERC-1155 assets without any transaction fees.
- Transaction speeds in the hundreds of milliseconds or less.
- Throughput scales horizontally to meet any demand without increasing costs.
- Truly decentralized, no hostile takeovers or security compromises possible.
The news that Atari partners with Enjin will definitely bring more value to the Multiverse ecosystem, we predict more Enjin-based games will follow and integrate Atari-themed non-fungible tokens.