What’s up, eGamers, it’s time for the weekly Blockchain Gaming Digest. Every week, we share some of the most important NFT gaming news and other interesting facts.
- This week started with Otherside’s land sale that burned $176M in gas fees. This incident shocked the world and made many people question if Ethereum is still a viable blockchain.
- Staying with NFTs and displeasure, NFT sales are down by 92% as people start to lose interest in them.
- Can you imagine a gas-free NFT marketplace? This is the case with Kraken as it began to develop a gas-free one.
Let’s start with the most popular games this week based on on-chain data. (7 Days)
- 👑Thetan Arena: Over 21 million players. (Self-reported)
- 👑Axie Infinity: Over 1,6 million players. (Self-reported)
- 👑Splinterlands: 475k players. -1.98%
- 👑Alien Worlds: 354k players. +11.46%
- 👑Farmers Worlds: 160k players. +5.25%
- 👑Upland: 159k players. +5.03%
- 👑MOBOX NFT Farmer: 158k players. -4.99%
- 👑Sunflower Land: 113k players. -1.98%
- 👑Galaxy Blocks: 99k players. +1.36%
The Benefits Monkey Legends NFT Holders Have in The Kingdom’s Metaverse
The Kingdom, an upcoming open-world metaverse, has partnered with Monkey Legends, avatars that feature traits and powers based on Sun Wukong, a legendary mythical figure from traditional folklore.
Kraken to Develop a Gas-Free NFT Marketplace
People hate gas fees, recently, the Otherside Land Sale Burned $176M in GAS Fees. Kraken decided to chance that.
OMG: Otherside Land Sale Burned $176M in GAS Fees – More Than Metamask Swap & ENS Combined
On Saturday, Otherside Land Sale was completed and sold out within four hours as expected. What could go wrong with such a prominent and successful NFT mint on Ethereum?
AlterVerse Joins Binance Labs Incubation Program
Binance Labs will launch the 4th season of its global Incubation Program on May 5th. Out of 500 applicants, AlterVerse was selected to participate in this program full of guidance and introduction to successful people in the industry.
NFT Sales Are Down by 92% as People Lose Interest!
In a recent auction, an NFT worth $2.9M only grabbed a $14000 offer which is very concerning.
Square Enix Sells Tomb Raider & 2 Gaming Studios “to Invest in Blockchain Games”
The Japanese gaming studio has sold Tomb Raider and two other gaming studios in order to shift its focus and invest in blockchain gaming.
More News This Week:
- AMA Recap: Ready Player Motorsports.
- A Pathetic Petition Against Gaming NFTs Gets Only 72 Signatures.
- Former Nintendo President: Animal Crossing Would Be A Good Blockchain Game.
- Formula 1 Mercedes-AMG Petronas To Launch a Mass Offering of Free NFTs.
- Drops DAO Celebrates Mainnet Launch.
- Binemon Integrates Chainlink VRF For Their Future Drops & Raffles.
- Fortitude by Gala Games is Coming.
- YGG SEA Raises $15M and Announces a $SEA IDO Public Sale on Copper.
- Illuvium Announces 45 – Land Sale.
- Ready Games To Bring Decentralized Games and NFTs To Apple and Google App Stores.
- Bybit Expands in Latin America by Forming a Partnership With Brazil’s Biggest Esports Team MIBR.
- Post-to-Earn Social Media App Pays Users To Create Content.
- Cometh Receives $10M Funding to Focus on Blockchain Gaming.
- Enjin Welcomes IKONIC Into Efinity.
- Is a Stranger Things NFT Game Coming?
- MCH Developer Double Jump.Tokyo Raises $25M.
Stay always up to date:
🕹️Gaming Guild & Scholarships: Join our Discord.
📫Saturday Mail Recap: Subscribe for the Blockchain Gaming Digest.
We use affiliate links when possible. At no cost to you, we may earn some crypto or nfts.
While we strive for the accuracy of the content, we provide it “as-is.” We take no responsibility for any actions or results. We write about games, treat them as games. We don’t give investment advices. Always do your own, extensive research.