- Enjin Released the EnjinCraft plugin & Java SDK allowing server owners to supercharge their Minecraft servers.
- The plugin can integrate items from various blockchain games including the Gaming Multiverse ones.
- MyMetaverse is already using Enjicraft and offers to the players’ true item ownership.
- Players can earn in-game items and later sell them to the marketplace for crypto.
Whether you love it or hate it, Minecraft is the most successful game in the world, with over 480 million players and 126 of them active every month. Its player base counts more people than the USA’s population, and if it were a country, it would be placed in the third spot after China and India.
The unprecedented success led Microsoft to acquire Mojang Studios, the parent company, for $2.5 billion in 2014. Since then, it continues growing even though it’s 11 years old.
Enjin, a company that empowers 20 million Minecraft players was found the same year with Mojang’s title, and since then, it has offered a variety of services such as servers, communities and the DonationCraft plugin which was downloaded 5.1 million times and raised millions of dollars to server owners through donations.
But this article is not about how successful Minecraft or Enjin is. It’s about how to upgrade your own private server with EnjinCraft. This open-source plugin will take the gaming experience of your players to the next level by integrating Blockchain-based items with actual item ownership and p2p trading!
Enjincraft: Build the next generation Minecraft experience
Supercharge your Minecraft server by utilizing blockchain technology, EnjinCraft can give value to players by using blockchain-based items that belong to them, and not to the game. The blocky world of Minecraft offers fun gameplay, nostalgic memories, and so much more than any other game. However, it’s still a game where players don’t own their items and get nothing in return besides entertainment.
Use the EnjinCraft plugin for its ability to integrate, use, and trade in-game items in your server. Give your players the incentive to play in your server, and offer something that goes beyond imagination.
The first prototype was the EnjinCraft demo server. Later, MyMetaverse followed by creating their own Minecraft server, utilizing how blockchain-based items could work.
Why use Enjincraft for your server
Blockchain power in gaming is massive. If you are not familiar with the concept, there is a colossal movement working around the clock to bring the next-gaming experience into various games. It’s a race against the time, hundreds of blockchain games are under development and mark my words, integrating blockchain is not an easy task unless someone does the hard work for you like Enjin is doing with Enjincraft.
The plugin is available in English, German, Korean, Danish, Spanish, Romanian, Filipino, Japanese, Portuguese, and Serbian.
The EnjinCraft plugin allows you to:
- Integrate Digital goods (blockchain-based Minecraft items)
- Attach an existing blockchain asset identity to your in-game items.
- Offer unique items and permissions to players based on what assets they own.
- Allow players to link their blockchain inventory (Ethereum wallet) with your server.
- Show players Enjin Coin and Ethereum balance in real-time.
- Send blockchain-based items to your players via console.
- Allow players to trade blockchain assets within your server in a secure environment and peer-to-peer.
- Modify the open-source code based on your needs.
In the list below, you can find the requirements needed to integrate EnjinCraft.
- Java 8 or higher.
- Create a project on the Enjin platform. (You need app ID and secret key.)
- The server should be connected to the internet. (Not offline mode)
- Spigot 1.13+. Earlier versions might not work as expected, while before 1.7.x are not be supported at all.
- Tokens integrated using EnjinCraft must be fungible.
The Enjincracft plugin is built on top of the Enjin SDK for Java, which also went live on Ethereum Mainnet yesterday.
How to get started with the Enjincraft plugin.
- Try the Demo Enjincraft server and experience the functionality.
- Sign-up for an Enjin platform account
- Visit the GitHub page with installation instructions.